As a Python software engineer at Thirona Retina you will develop and maintain the software systems that run the algorithms developed by our Deep Learning team. This ranges from applications run by our clients to back-end routines that pre- and postprocesses data for our image analysis models.
You will work as an independent Retina developer, in alliance with the Python team at Thirona. We expect you to use your expertise to design and implement the software solutions for the task at hand.
Most of the time you will be programming in modern Python, but occasionally you will also need to write supporting scripts. Having experience with C++, CMake and/or Docker is a plus.
In this role you will (not an exhaustive list):
- Design and develop new features within Thirona Retina software by:
- Discussing the wishes of end users and come up with solutions to adhere to these wishes Propose a design to implement these solutions and discuss it with other software engineers
- Implementing the chosen design
- Maintenance of existing software:
- Fix bugs in compliance with regulations
- Keep the overall code quality of the codebase at a high level
- Validate and verify the correctness of existing and new software by:
- Doing code reviews
- Developing and maintaining automatic tests
- Occasionally writing and performing manual tests when automation is infeasible
- Deployment of software on cloud and local hardware
Profile & Competences:
- Minimum Bachelor in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent education
- Experience with Object Oriented Programming is a must
- Familiarity with a Model-View-Controller web framework is a plus, or you are eager to learn one
- Entrepreneurial state of mind and a willingness to challenge the status quo
- You are pragmatic and adopt a user-oriented mentality, both towards internal and external user
- In total, Thirona has +/- 40 employees and Thirona Retina- team is in the start-up phase and expected to expand rapidly
- The candidate must be either living in the Netherlands or willing to move to the Netherlands
- 32-40 hours – hybrid working is allowed
- 25 vacation days based on a 40-hour contract, and 8% holiday allowance
- Flexible pension plan is offered by Thirona Retina, and 8% pension allowance
Why should you choose us?
- We are a fast-growing company that enables you to grow both professionally and personally
- We value our employees
- We offer a competitive salary and plenty of personal development opportunities
- We recognize the value of a good work-life balance
- Where possible we will match your tasks with your career growth goals and keep you challenged
- We are a great team
- We are a friendly and energetic team of professionals
- Both the company and the employees regularly plan fun activities outside of the office
- Your work has impact
- What we do matters for society
- We are relatively small company with short lines of communication. You will often be involved in the decision-making process
We’d love to hear from you!
Please send your CV to email@example.com or apply with your LinkedIn profile and send along your resume and a motivation letter
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.