Our Product Development Team is at the heart of Thirona Retina’s innovation roadmap to deliver precisely quantified analysis of eye images. As such, the team translates customer requirements into deep learning research tracks to deliver robust and high performing algorithms. As a Deep Learning Engineer you will bring technical expertise and continuously work through the full lifecycle of an AI model from ideation to conducting research, to development and final integration to deliver and ship great quality products to our customers.
In this role you will (not an exhaustive list):
- Point of contact within Thirona Retina regarding deep learning and techniques used
- Determine and manage the content of new algorithm releases for this segment
- Define and execute the planning for these algorithm releases
- Designing and developing new algorithm features
- Reflect on status of research projects in terms of technical performance
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Staying up to date with recent developments in deep learning research
Profile & Competences:
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, or equivalent degree
- Experience with state-of-the-art machine learning and deep learning, including code reviews
- Requisite knowledge of Thirona Retina product and technical systems used in Thirona Retina
- Preferably at least 3 years of relevant experience in deep learning / product development
- Highly skilled in programming
- Innovative, analytical approach to solving complex test problems and performing troubleshooting
- Customer-oriented mindset, both towards internal and external customers
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to explain the impact of technical changes on the workflow to less technical users
- Good organizational skills; the ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Flexible, strong ability to work in fast-paced environment
- Drive to continuously improve
- The Deep Learning Engineer reports to the Team Lead Product Development
- In total, Thirona has +/- 40 employees and Thirona Retina- team is in the start-up phase and expected to expand rapidly
- The candidate must be either living in the Netherlands or willing to move to the Netherlands
- 32-40 hours – hybrid working is allowed
- 25 vacation days based on a 40-hour contract, and 8% holiday allowance
- Flexible pension plan is offered by Thirona Retina, and 8% pension allowance
Why should you choose us?
- We are a fast-growing company that enables you to grow both professionally and personally
- We value our employees
- We offer a competitive salary and plenty of personal development opportunities
- We recognize the value of a good work-life balance and don't work overtime
- Where possible we will match your tasks with your career growth goals and keep you challenged
- We are a great team
- We are a friendly and energetic team of professionals
- Both the company and the employees regularly plan fun activities outside of the office
- Your work has impact
- What we do matters for society
- We are relatively small company with short lines of communication. You will often be involved in the decision-making process
About the hiring process:
- Vacancy will be open until 23rd March
- 24th-31st March: coding test will be send out to all suitable applicants
- First 2 weeks April: 1st interview round
- Second 2 weeks April: 2nd interview round
- May: Potential job start
We’d love to hear from you!
Please send your CV to email@example.com or apply with your LinkedIn profile and send along your resume and a motivation letter.
For this position we are looking for candidates with an EU passport.
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.