We welcome ambitious students with a strong technical background and an affinity to improve health care. You would be directly implementing your project in our AI suite, thereby directly improving our products and benefiting patient care.
We currently have two available student projects:
1. Creation of AI pipelines
At Thirona, we use a web-based platform to analyse all medical scans in our image analysis service. This platform makes use so called “AI pipelines” to process different scans in different ways, depending on their origin. In this project, you are responsible for identifying and proposing a better solution and interface to our existing AI pipeline creation tool (Django & front-end development). Next to the interface, the integration and validation of pipelines should be improved.
2. Dashboard & case prioritization.
At Thirona, we use a web-based platform to analyse all medical scans in our image analysis service. On a weekly basis, 100s of scans are analysed and in this project you will be responsible for creating and/or re-designing a dashboard and thereby visualizing the bottlenecks of our pipelines and triggering warnings for cases that need to be triaged for further analysis. This is a broad project that involves data analysis, implementation in Django and a modern frontend framework of your choice (depending on where your focus would be!).
- You are currently pursuing a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Computer Science
- You have solid computer science fundamentals (functional design, data structures, algorithms)
- You have experience with Python
- You have experience with Django or similar web technology
- You can work accurately and independently
- You are fluent in English (both written and verbal)
WHAT WE OFFER
- A dynamic, innovative work environment in a talented and ambitious team. With colleagues from many different nationalities and a collaborative atmosphere, we promote continuous learning and sharing knowledge on a day-to-day basis
- A unique opportunity where you can see your work have a direct, positive impact on global healthcare
- An internship allowance of €350- €450 per month on a full-time basis depending on the phase of your study.
The internship will be 40 hours a week for a minimum of 4 months (23 ECTS). You need to be registered as a student on a European university during the entire period of the internship.
INFORMATION / APPLICATION
Please send your resume, grade list and a short motivation to email@example.com/.